Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. once said, “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is: ‘What are you doing for others?’” Each year, Americans across the country answer that question by coming together on Martin Luther King Day to serve their neighbors and communities.
Join us for our annual work party on Martin Luther King Day, Monday, January, 21th, from 9 am – 12noon. Weather permitting, we’ll be
- turning over cover crops,
- harvesting overwintering chard, spinach, kale, collards and arugula,
- preparing the greenhouse for a early planting, and
- making our own potting soil, and starting seeds to plant in the greenhouse in February.
- if the weather is horrendous, we have work in the hoophouse and greenhouse, or come help in the Food Bank and Distribution Center!
Picnic lunch at noon with hot soup, and salad greens from the garden!